Women In Food and Customer Service
Women In Food and Customer Service (7 weeks online)
This program assists women to obtain knowledge and develop skills needed for employment in the customer service/ food and beverage service sectors.
Under Polycultural's Women In Food and Customer Service program, our knowledgeable and resourceful employment team will equip you with the information you need about the latest job market trends, job search tools and techniques, and will show you how to market your skills and talents to employers.
The program will train you in the following:
• Customer Service and Food Sector based Labour Market trends
• Food and customer service workplace environment
• Customer Service Essentials
• How to use a cash register
• Food Handling Certification
• Understanding employer hiring and screening practices
• Job Maintenance
• Identify transferable skills, interests, values and personality traits to identify suitable employment options
• Provide career exploration and develop individualized short-term and long-term employment goals
• Enhance knowledge of the labour market and understanding of the current trends
• Develop an individual plan to achieve the set goals and transition to other activities
• Identify training courses/programs needed to upgrade skills to achieve desired career goals in Customer Service
• Develop life skills to successfully find and maintain employment;
• Connect to resources and supports available for a successful job search.
• Women who are ready to enter the Labour Market
• Ontario Works recipients
• Advance level 6 or higher ESL or LINC
• Basic computer knowledge
• Have career goals interests in the area of Food and Beverage Services
Funding Source: Toronto Empployment and Social Services (TESS); No fees are charged from clients for services provided.
"My 6 weeks in the Excelling in Customer Service program was enlightening. I learned so much and gained many new skills that have helped to boost my confidence for re-entering the workforce. Michelle was unbelievably supportive and still is, 6 months later. I feel blessed to have been part of such an amazing program." Janet
“ First I would like to give a big thank you to Michelle (Teacher). During the six week period in the Excelling in Customer Class, I personally learned so much even though I had already had a strong Customer Service back ground. I especially appreciated how clear the information and instructions were. I have never done a Personality test before taking this class. I now understand and know so much more about myself, skills I didn’t know I had and so much more” -Khamalae
Sites of program delivery
- 3225 Eglinton Avenue East, Unit 101/111, Scarborough ON
- 3363 Bloor Street West, Etobicoke ON
Please contact your Ontario Works case worker today to request a referral to Polycultural’s Excelling in Customer Service program.