Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services is committed to ensuring equal access for people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity.
Polycultural is committed to be a barrier-free environment for persons with disabilities in employment, in its communications and information, in the delivery of goods and services and in its built environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and meeting our accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and Ontario’s accessibility laws.
Polycultural is committed to ensuring that all its employees, contractors, and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with, and for, persons with disabilities.
In accordance with the Customer Service Standards and the Integrated Accessibility Standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Law Society maintains policies, practices, procedures and documentation with respect to the following:
· Maintenance of an accessible environment for persons with disabilities;
· Provision of accessible information and communication supports;
· Use of guide dogs, service animals and support persons;
· Notice of service disruptions;
· Provision of information about emergency procedures, plans and public safety;
· Maintenance of web content that conforms with the required standards;
· Accommodation of applicants throughout the recruitment process;
· Accommodation of employees throughout their employment;
· Training of employees and other individuals who provide services; and
· Receipt of feedback regarding the provision of goods, services or facilities to persons with disabilities.
The following documents about Accessibility describe Polycultural’s practices in more detail:
Polycultural is committed to meeting accessibility requirements and continuously taking steps to improve its services and website to comply with the AODA and its regulations. We will continue to identify and correct barriers that prevent access to our goods, services, websites and content.
To help us do this, Polycultural welcomes your comments and suggestions. Feedback can be provided to the Human Resources Director by email email@example.com.